Pitney Bowes Helps Organizations Capitalize on the Hidden Business Value of Every Location with New Software Solutions
STAMFORD, Conn., May 17, 2016 - Pitney Bowes (NYSE:PBI), a global technology company that provides innovative products and solutions to power commerce, today announced the release of sophisticated software solutions designed to unearth contextual insights to enhance the value of business data. Containing Geographic Information Systems (GIS), extensive data sets and analytics tools, the new location intelligence solutions enrich customer data for greater profitability and engagement. This comprehensive suite, based on Pitney Bowes’ Spectrum Spatial platform, can be accessed on demand, software-as-a-service, from the recently announced Pitney Bowes Commerce Cloud.
It’s no secret that the world today is awash in data. Gartner, Inc. has forecast that 6.4 billion connected things will be in use worldwide in 2016, up 30 percent from 2015, and will reach 20.8 billion by 2020.* This typically involves everything from telematics, sensors and smart phones to television sets, home appliances and environmental systems. Pitney Bowes’ location intelligence solutions extract valuable insights from data to deliver a clear view of customers, including who they are and what they want, no matter where they go or where they are located.
Business intelligence with geographic analysis brings forth insights that help businesses better communicate with their customers, create more targeted promotions and pursue previously unrecognized cross-selling opportunities.
Zillow Group, which houses a portfolio of the largest and most vibrant real estate and home-related brands on mobile and web, including Zillow and Trulia, recently selected Pitney Bowes’ geocoding to provide an address cleansing function for 100M+ residential addresses in the U.S.
“We selected Pitney Bowes location intelligence technology to help us deliver the most accurate information to our users,” said David Beitel, Chief Technology Officer, Zillow Group. “Millions of people search for addresses on our websites and mobile apps every day. The cost of delivering incorrect data to consumers is high, as it can impact important decisions.”
“When data is presented visually, it is more widely accessible than if it were represented as numbers on a spreadsheet,” said Dan Vesset, global vice president of analytics and information management at IDC, who also covers spatial information management (SIM). “Pitney Bowes offers one of the most accurate and precise location intelligence offerings – including new geo-enrichment capabilities that tap into a rich supply of information connected via more accurate addresses - to help deliver real-time contextual insights to businesses that can be easily acted upon for true competitive advantage.”
Consumer mapping technologies have gained in popularity and usage as cloud technologies and software-as-a-service delivery models have made the technology more accessible. Pitney Bowes’ scalable location solutions support web, mobile, cloud and on premise applications, making it easy to embed rich location technology capabilities into existing workflows. These solutions include:
- GeoEnrichment solutions – These solutions make it easy for clients to append additional attributes to every client record using Pitney Bowes’ new, pre-geocoded, Master Location Data (MLD) database. MLD has the most accurate location data for over 170 million U.S. addresses. In addition, MLD serves as the foundation for the soon to be released industry data for property, risk, weather and many other types of information.
- Powerful location analytics capabilities for business intelligence (BI) – Pitney Bowes’ Spectrum Spatial for BI software integrates with the most popular BI solutions in the industry to provide advanced visualization and analysis.
- A global library of over 350 geospatial data products - The library includes demographics, points of interest and industry-specific data for over 240 countries and territories.
- Multi-resolution raster (MRR) technology – This new raster file format of Mapinfo Pro Advanced adds speed and performance to handle complex modelling projects and enables the analysis of copious amounts of data, including complex digital imagery and terrain models. Loading data sets now take seconds.
- GEO APIs – Six application programming interfaces are now available in a new developer environment that provides resources to encourage commercial developers, as well as customers, to enrich their mobile and web applications with Pitney Bowes’ location technologies through the use of APIs. In addition, Pitney Bowes’ Geocoding API allows customers and partners to integrate geocoding with their applications. These APIs expose Pitney Bowes’ core geospatial technology and data for enterprise software application development.
- Applied Analytics – Pitney Bowes provides a full suite of location-intelligent solutions to clients through our Applied Analytics and Marketing Services consultancy. This global practice focuses on leveraging the power of location data to provide businesses with actionable insights around channel investment, identification of market opportunities and targeted customer communications.
“In today’s customer-driven economy, delivering contextually-relevant insights across the enterprise can make or break a business today,” said Jack Bullock, Global Senior Vice President, Software Sales, Pitney Bowes. “Location data is a powerful differentiator for businesses of all sizes and those who can harness this data appropriately will win. We deliver powerful software and location data capabilities that will drive new business revenue, uncover new opportunities and improve customer satisfaction.”
About Pitney Bowes
Pitney Bowes (PBI) is a global technology company offering innovative products and solutions that enable commerce in the areas of customer information management, location intelligence, customer engagement, shipping and mailing, and global ecommerce. More than 1.5 million clients in approximately 100 countries around the world rely on products, solutions and services from Pitney Bowes. For additional information, visit Pitney Bowes at www.pitneybowes.com.
*Gartner Press Release, Gartner Says 6.4 Billion Connected "Things" Will Be in Use in 2016, Up 30 Percent From 2015, November 10, 2015, http://www.gartner.com/newsroom/id/3165317