Pitney Bowes Adds Valuable New Capabilities to Its SendSuite Tracking Online Package Receiving Solution
STAMFORD, Conn., May 10, 2017 - Pitney Bowes Inc. (NYSE:PBI), a global technology company that provides innovative products and solutions to power commerce, today announced several valuable new capabilities as part of its innovative parcel receiving solution SendSuite Tracking Online (SSTO). These enhanced capabilities feature: greater location functionality; automated scheduled import of lists and contacts; custom email notifications with package notes; and BYOD (bring your own device) for Apple and Android.
“Organizations of all sizes around the world are increasingly challenged to manage the growing number of parcels received each day,” said Tom Hazel, North American Channel Director, Pitney Bowes Shipping Solutions. “We listened to our clients and enhanced the SendSuite Tracking Online receiving solution to better meet their changing needs. From enhanced location functionality to automated importing of lists and contacts, we have added capabilities and features to SSTO that make it easier to use, in less time, and with greater accuracy and precision.”
The new location functionality allows users to identify the exact recipient location, whether an additional company location, building within a campus setting, a floor within a building, a mail stop or a storage area. Being able to pinpoint employee locations for delivery or a storage location for package pickup can greatly enhance an organization’s receiving operations.
Another new feature is automated scheduled import of employee lists and contacts, which allows administrative users to keep these lists updated in a completely automated fashion. This is accomplished utilizing simple SFTP/FTP connections along with an easy to manage user interface.
“Once again we focused on making it easier for our clients to perform basic, yet critical administrative functions within the SendSuite Tracking Online solution,” added Hazel. “The automated list import feature was a direct result of our current users’ feedback.”
Recently, a global insurance company deployed the new SSTO solution in more than 60 of their locations to transition from an outdated manual process to a highly automated workflow, which greatly reduced their employee time spent receiving and delivering packages, reduced lost parcels and eliminated data entry errors.
The latest version of SendSuite Tracking Online is loaded with new features and functionality, including:
- Custom Email Notification with package notes/comments – Allows recipients to receive an email, in real time, when a package arrives with detailed package information.
- Group Delivery – Deliver multiple packages to a single recipient location or mailstop under one transaction.
- Date Range Reporting – Users now have the ability to report on all package information using a set of standard date ranges, along with the ability to use their own defined date ranges.
- Comments on the Printed Package Label – Enables comments to be included with the recipient information on the package label.
- Resend email Reminder – Simple yet important functionality that allows users to send a reminder that a package has not been picked up with one-click.
- Quick Receive Capability – Users can quick scan packages to determine the package count is accurate when the carriers deliver packages.
- New Feature Client Messages – User notification on any new features(s) added to SendSuite Tracking Online, including a simple message explaining the new feature and its benefits when they sign into the solution.
- BYOD for Apple and android – Enables clients to use their own mobile devices to receive and deliver packages.
For more information on SendSuite Tracking Online and other solution to help #shipsmarter, visit pitneybowes.com/US/Shipping.
About Pitney Bowes
Pitney Bowes (NYSE:PBI) is a global technology company powering billions of transactions – physical and digital – in the connected and borderless world of commerce. Clients around the world, including 90 percent of the Fortune 500, rely on products, solutions, services and data from Pitney Bowes in the areas of customer information management, location intelligence, customer engagement, shipping, mailing, and global ecommerce. And with the innovative Pitney Bowes Commerce Cloud, clients can access the broad range of Pitney Bowes solutions, analytics, and APIs to drive commerce. For additional information visit Pitney Bowes, the Craftsmen of Commerce, at www.pitneybowes.com.