by Aneta Hall
For the fourth time, I have the honor of working side by side with other Pitney Bowes employees and the American Red Cross to make this holiday season brighter for our American heroes. From now until December 10th, a special P.O. box address is ready to accept holiday cards to be delivered during the winter holiday season.
How does it work?
- You send a card to the following P.O. box address by Dec 10th
Holiday Mail for Heroes
P.O. Box 5456
Capitol Heights, MD 20791-5456
- Pitney Bowes receives cards and messages at the special Holiday Mail P.O.box, and screens all mail for hazardous materials.
- Volunteers from Red Cross chapters across the United States sort and deliver cards to military men and women, veterans and their families in hospitals, rehab centers and even oversees.
Take a look at last year’s cards delivered to the Walter Reed Medical Center and get a glimpse of the joy your card brings to these military heroes.
More info. including planning tips & past years’ campaigns
How can you help?1) Don’t wait until December when you are busy with holiday shopping. Send your card(s) NOW.
2) Encourage others to send their cards. Talk to or (e)mail your friends, post information on your Facebook page, tweet about it. Every way you can let your friends know about the program helps.
3) Print and post this 8.5”x11” poster with information about the program where people can see it and get involved.
view & download poster
4) Organize your own card making or card signing event in your home, place of worship, work or school. You can use the following 8.5"x11" Powerpoint poster template where you can easily add your event information to the document, print it and post it to let everyone know.
All necessary information about 2010 Holiday Mail for Hereos program is available at http://redcross.com/holidaymail
Looking for a little inspiration?Here are a few cards to get your creative juices flowing. Have fun!
More images of Holiday Mail for Heroes cards on Flickr.
How to stay up to date on program news?Official program website http://redcross.com/holidaymail
The American Red Cross facebook page, @mail4heroes twitter handle, YouTube video list
Thank you for getting involved. Together we can make a difference and surpass our one million cards goal. Will you join us?