By Ramesh Ratan, President, Document Messaging Technologies (DMT)
Pitney Bowes Inc.
People often think of Pitney Bowes for mail, but we really do so much more. Today we are helping businesses create more powerful communications to personally engage customers and prospects—the key to building long-term customer relationships and driving profitable growth.
In this multichannel world, it can actually be harder to communicate with customers than ever before. Consumers are bombarded by thousands of messages each day. To be successful, organizations need to communicate in a way that helps them to break through the clutter.
Pitney Bowes presented the Art of Success at drupa
. Why the Art of Success?
Because customer communications management has become an “art form,” where success means delivering communications masterpieces - whether physical or digital - that stand-out and get noticed and acted upon.
At drupa, I had the opportunity to meet with many business leaders to discuss ways to add more value to their customer communications. Here are a few steps you can take to communicate more successfully with your clients:
- Print in digital color: Move to 100% variable data communications as part of a white paper environment. Businesses can produce brilliant full color customer pleasing transactional statements while they lower their operational costs.
- Make it personal: Leverage the statement as a valuable customer engagement tool by adding personally-relevant offers and helpful information directly to the transactional documents.
- Sell outside the envelope: Print full-color graphics directly on to envelopes, inline during mail finishing using variable data and targeted messages. No one discards the mail without first looking at the envelope, so take advantage of this whole new media to communicate with customers.
- Maintain quality and trust: Achieve the highest standards of efficiency, accuracy and timeliness with high integrity, high quality mail finishing including inline envelope wrapping.
- Deliver in the method your customer prefers: Satisfy customers by communicating to them in their preferred method – physical, digital or both.
So you see, Pitney Bowes helps organizations to produce more than just a mailpiece. We help businesses increase lifetime customer value with every communication. And, we deliver the operational efficiencies to help organizations to accomplish this profitably. That is the “art of success.”
If you have additional steps that have worked for you to communicate successfully with your customers, please share them with us by submitting a comment.