BRIDGEWATER, N.J. (July 3, 2012)
– Brother International Corporation, a leader in small business technology, announced the launch of its new Brother QL-700 series of label printers, which include all the features consumers would expect to find in label printers for the home and office. The Brother QL-700 series also allows consumers to print stamps directly from their desktop with a free subscription to the pbSmartPostage™ solution by Pitney Bowes.** As the leader in small business mailing solutions, Pitney Bowes developed the pbSmartPostage solution that offers small businesses the convenience to print stamps, shipping labels, track packages and more from any internet-connected PC virtually anytime, anywhere, and without the need to download software.
“We’re excited to be able to work with Pitney Bowes, long known as the leader in mailing solutions, to continue finding solutions for small business owners,” said Linda Sanford, Director of Marketing for Brother Labeling Products. “The ability to use a Brother label printer to print stamps right from your desk will help save users valuable time that might otherwise have been spent traveling to and waiting in line at the post office.”
The Brother QL-700 series of label printers was developed with customer convenience in mind. One of the highlights of the pbSmartPostage service is that customers printing stamps with a Brother QL-700 series label printer enjoy a free subscription to this cloud-based solution. There’s no need to download additional software in order to print stamps. The pbSmartPostage application is accessed through www.pbsmartpostage.com.
“This is a great opportunity for Pitney Bowes to work with Brother to offer a convenient, cost-efficient mailing and shipping solution to the market that can be used anytime, anywhere,” said Neil Rader, general manager of Pitney Bowes’s Digital SMB Solutions unit. “We continue to focus on ways to simplify mailing and shipping processes so that consumers and small businesses can focus on the many other daily tasks that they need to get done.”
In addition to printing stamps, the Brother QL-700 series offers a fast print speed of up to 93 labels per minute*** and prints on a wide range of labels, including die-cut labels for file folders, mailing and shipping labels as well as longer continuous roll labels for banners and signs up to three feet long.
For more information on the Brother QL-700 series of label printers or any other label printers by Brother, please visit www.Brother.com
New Brother QL-Series Label Printers
Estimated Street Price: $99.99*
· Prints pre-sized or continuous paper and tape rolls up to 2.4” wide
· Creates cost-effective paper labels for packages, envelopes, file folders, disks, postage and more
· Prints postage from your desktop with a free subscription to pbSmartPostage™ by Pitney Bowes**
· High-speed printing up to 93 labels per minute***
· High resolution printing up to 300 x 600 dpi
· Auto cutter provides precise cuts for printing one or multiple labels at a time
· Label Collection provides pre-designed labels and banners with commonly used text
· Connects via USB to PC or Mac+
· Compatible with Windows® XP, Windows Vista®, Windows® 7, and Mac® OS X® 10.4.11-10.7
Estimated Street Price: $139.99*
· Includes all of the features of the Brother QL-700, plus:
o Wireless network printing
o Printing from the free iPrint&Label app^