Pitney Bowes to Feature Growing Suite of Global Ecommerce Solutions at Internet Retailer Conference & Exhibition 2016
Technology and Services Help Retailers Drive Anywhere to Everywhere Commerce and Simplify Online Shopping for Consumers Around the World
STAMFORD, Conn., May 31, 2016 - Pitney Bowes Inc. (NYSE:PBI), a global technology company that provides innovative products and solutions to power commerce, will feature its expanding portfolio of cross-border ecommerce and shipping solutions that simplify the complexities of commerce at the Internet Retailer Conference & Exhibition (IRCE) 2016 at booth #817. The show takes place on June 7-10, at McCormick Place West in Chicago, IL.
During the last year, Pitney Bowes expanded its Global Ecommerce business with the acquisitions of Borderfree and Enroute Systems Corp., introduced its growing portfolio of cross-border and shipping solutions, and increased the number of countries and territories it ships to internationally.
In addition, through Pitney Bowes networks, more than 6.5 million buyers in over 200 countries and territories shopped cross-border with retailers and online marketplaces in 2015. These stylish shoppers purchased 2,376 pairs of Manolo Blahnik shoes, 3,455 baby cribs and 131,000 Michael Kors handbags.
“Pitney Bowes has a long history of helping retailers simplify the costs and complexities associated with facilitating ecommerce and delivering parcels to consumers around the world,” said Lila Snyder, Executive Vice President and President, Global Ecommerce, Pitney Bowes. “We look forward to meeting with retailers at the show to talk about solutions that can help deliver a rich, end-to-end shopping experience to consumers from anywhere to everywhere.”
Today, Pitney Bowes provides global ecommerce services to more than 285 retailers, offers its technology and shipping services to millions of sellers, and collaborates with some of the world’s largest ecommerce marketplaces, platform providers and systems integrators. Through its Borderfree Retail solution, retailers can now ship products to shoppers in more than 220 countries and territories. Also, through its Borderfree Marketplace solution, sellers on online marketplaces can ship products to buyers in more than 100 countries.
Cross-Border Ecommerce and Shipping Solutions
At IRCE 2016, Pitney Bowes will feature its expanded Global Ecommerce solutions portfolio, which is available as part of the Pitney Bowes Commerce Cloud, a commerce enabler, providing access to solutions, analytics and APIs across the full commerce continuum with speed and agility to help clients identify customers, locate opportunities, enable communications, power shipping from anywhere to everywhere and manage payments. This includes:
- Borderfree Retail – These end-to-end solutions and modular capabilities help retailers enter global markets quickly with website localization, fully-landed cost calculations, compliance management, payment and risk mitigation, logistics and fulfillment coordination and customer care.
- Borderfree Marketplace – The solution helps make shipping and tracking items to global online buyers easy for sellers. It calculates all costs upfront for each shipment including duties, taxes and shipping fees. These fees are guaranteed in real-time at the checkout by Pitney Bowes. This eliminates all unforeseen shipping and importation costs so there are never any surprises for sellers or buyers when items are delivered.
- Global Trade Solutions – This Web portal and API web services for importers, exporters and service makes it easy to navigate the complexities of global trade through easy to use and up-to-date tools, fast and easy to implement API web services, 24/7 tariff classification services at scale and management of Guaranteed Delivered Duty Paid (DDP) shipments.
- Enroute Shipping Solutions – These cloud-based, software-as-a-service solutions help enterprise retailers optimize high-volume shipping through a highly scalable platform that integrates multi-carrier shipment execution. The solutions offer robust and sophisticated business rules, fast execution with rate shopping and label printing, end-to-end shipment visibility and tracking, easily customizable business rules and actionable analytics.
- SendSuite Parcel Shipping and Receiving Solutions -- These parcel shipping and receiving solutions, help businesses execute faster, streamline logistics processes including ship-to-store, track inbound and outbound parcels, reduce costs, and provide real-time supply chain visibility and reliable tracking.
- Shipping Application Program Interfaces (APIs) – Through a simple and seamless integration process, software providers and systems integrators can offer USPS services to generate shipping labels, access discounted rates, track packages from origin through delivery, and provide simple, effective reports for managing postal shipments and expenses.
Pitney Bowes Presentations at IRCE 2016
Pitney Bowes experts and partners will also share their industry insights and knowledge in the following sessions at booth #817:
- “Best Practices for Omnichannel Fulfillment,” 4:30 to 5:00 p.m., June 7
- “Anywhere to Everywhere: Global Expansion Made Easy,” 5:00 to 5:30 p.m., June 7
- “ The Power of Supply Chain Visibility,” 9:45 to 10:15 a.m., June 8; and 2:45 to 3:15 p.m., June 9
- “A Telling Tale of a Cross-Border Consumer,” 10:45 to 11:15 a.m., June 8
- “Making Duty & Tax Calculations Simple,” 11:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., June 8
- “Storyselling with Shoplandia,” 1:30 to 2:00 p.m., June 8, and 9:45 to 10:15 a.m., June 9
- “Benefits of Global Catalog Syndication,” 2:45 to 3:15 p.m., June 8; and 1:30 to 2:00 p.m., June 9
- “The Duty Drawback Opportunity,” 3:45 to 4:15 p.m., June 8
- “Simplified Shipping with APIs,” 10:45 to 11:15 a.m., June 9
- “The Cross-Border Opportunity for Athleisure Retailers,” 11:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., June 9
About Pitney Bowes
Pitney Bowes (NYSE: PBI) is a global technology company offering innovative products and solutions that enable commerce in the areas of customer information management, location intelligence, customer engagement, shipping and mailing, and global ecommerce. More than 1.5 million clients in approximately 100 countries around the world rely on products, solutions and services from Pitney Bowes. For additional information, visit Pitney Bowes at www.pitneybowes.com.
View source version on businesswire.com: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20160531005448/en/