Pitney Bowes Business Insight Unveils Next Generation Data Quality Solution
Pitney Bowes Spectrum™ Technology Platform Developed to Help Companies Solve Major Data Quality Challenges; Enables Organizations to Optimize Enterprise Information and Reduce Operating Costs
LANHAM, Md., September 22, 2009 - Pitney Bowes Business Insight, the leading global provider of data quality and location intelligence solutions, today announced the release of the Pitney Bowes Spectrum™ Technology Platform. The Pitney Bowes Spectrum Technology Platform is a next generation enterprise solution that supersedes the Customer Data Quality Platform and will house complimentary data domains such as location.
Available on the Spectrum Technology Platform are five solution areas: data services delivered as part of enterprise data quality, data governance, enterprise location intelligence, data integration and business services addressing specific business process challenges. This provides organizations with a comprehensive platform for enterprise-wide data quality, optimizing business operations and delivering meaningful insight. The Spectrum Technology Platform solves data quality problems associated with customer, location and product data domains. It is the first to offer an integrated enterprise location intelligence functionality, enabling organizations to better understand their customers and assets in terms of location.
Brand new to the Spectrum Technology Platform is an Enterprise Routing Module that can serve as part of a comprehensive location intelligence solution, or as a stand alone business service. It enables companies to optimize and manage their travel and logistics operations, or enable critical decision-making with respect to opening or closing brick and mortar establishments. The routing functionality is available in more than 30 countries.
“Accurate data plays a critical role in the customer service activities within our Home Service business,” said Connie Gugel, senior systems analyst, Schwan’s Shared Services, LLC, a subsidiary of The Schwan Food Company. “Pitney Bowes Business Insight solutions have provided great efficiency improvements across multiple customer touch points, including sales, order fulfillment and even in the field.”
Data quality remains an enormous problem for companies worldwide. According to a recent Gartner survey of financial executives, 75 percent of respondents stated that poor data quality is a constraint upon, or a barrier to, business success. Yet, only 41 percent stated that their company is responding with a formal, structured data quality initiative1.
“It is undeniable that poor, duplicate and inaccurate data costs companies money—Gartner survey respondents have estimated the loss at more than $8 million annually due to issues related to data quality2,” said Ted Friedman, vice president, Gartner Research. “Organizations of all types must focus on controlling and improving data quality to minimize disruptions and loss of revenue.”
“Organizations are beginning to realize the ramifications of poor data quality, but they don’t always know where to begin in terms of starting a data quality initiative,” said Navin Sharma, director of global product strategy for data quality, Pitney Bowes Business Insight. “The modular nature of the Pitney Bowes Spectrum Technology Platform enables companies to select the services that best fit their business needs today and enables them to lay out a data quality foundation that grows with the organization.”
Rich in functionality, the Pitney Bowes Spectrum Technology Platform includes five core solutions:
- Enterprise Data Quality: Data services provide a rich set of functionality, helping data stewards create and publish business rules to remediate quality issues with the underlying data. Business rules ensure data is “fit for use” (i.e., attributes and records are more accurate, complete, unique and appropriately linked).
- Data Governance: Comprehensive data profiling functions enhance, accelerate and de-risk data analysis activities. This enables data governance groups to maintain, address and assess data quality initiatives.
- Enterprise Location Intelligence: Data services perform geocoding and geo-spatial analysis on global locations to deliver location intelligence straight to business processes that can benefit from meaningful insight (i.e. risk assessment, route optimization and customer analysis).
- Data Integration: Offers data services for access and federation of data through certified adapters for Oracle®, Siebel® and SAP.
- Business Services: Enterprise Tax determines specific tax jurisdictions for accurate sales use, payroll, property and insurance premium tax rate assignment. Global Sentry™ provides automated watch list screening to monitor incoming transactions in line with worldwide regulations. Data Quality Connectors, with the highest level of certification for mySAP® and Oracle's Siebel CRM, ensure that data going into CRM or ERP solutions is clean.
The Spectrum Technology Platform is available now with data and business services that can be purchased for in-house consumption in real-time or batch mode, delivered as a pure hosted service, or alternatively, as a hybrid solution. Customers may elect to purchase functionalities by module or by solution. For more information on the Pitney Bowes Spectrum Technology Platform and solution modules, please visit http://ebs.pbbiblogs.com/files/2009/08/pbspectrumtechnology-platform2.gif.
About Pitney Bowes Business Insight
Pitney Bowes Business Insight (PBBI), a division of Pitney Bowes Software Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Pitney Bowes Inc., provides a unique combination of location and communication intelligence software, data and services that enable organizations to make more informed decisions about customers, competition and market expansion. With the industry’s most comprehensive set of solutions for maximizing the value of data, PBBI provides the tools required to more effectively locate, connect and communicate with customers in today’s global markets. Leading organizations rely on PBBI solutions to increase the accuracy and effectiveness of customer information delivery and drive profitable growth. Visit www.pbinsight.com and www.pb.com for more information.
Pitney Bowes, the Pitney Bowes Logo, Spectrum, and Global Sentry are registered or otherwise protected trademarks of Pitney Bowes Inc. and its subsidiaries. All other trademarks used herein are property of their respective owners.
1 Gartner, Inc. “2009 Gartner FEI Technology Study Reveals Finance Managers' Perspectives on Data Quality” by Ted Friedman and John E Van Decker, August 11, 2009
2 Gartner, Inc. "Findings From Primary Research Study: Organizations Perceive Significant Cost Impact From Data Quality Issues" by Ted Friedman, August 14, 2009