Pitney Bowes Issues Corporate Responsibility Report
STAMFORD, Conn., September 10, 2012 - Pitney Bowes Inc. (NYSE: PBI) issued its 2011 Corporate Responsibility Report, detailing the company’s social performance results and strategies in the broad areas of: business practice; environment; diversity and inclusion; employees; customers and suppliers; and community engagements. The report includes program details, performance metrics and case studies that explore progress that the company has made in each of these areas.
“Leading responsibly is the theme of this year’s report; it defines our commitment to strong business practices, innovation and continual improvement of our corporate responsibility programs”, said Kathleen Ryan Mufson, director, corporate citizenship & philanthropy.
The report highlights the ways Pitney Bowes and its employees work to advance their commitment to corporate responsibility by:
- Reducing building footprint while creating new work options for employees, 14% of whom are now agile or mobile;
- Celebrating diversity with Culture Week events around the world;
- Returning $1.2 million in Healthy Rewards to participating employees in the healthcare cost reduction program;
- Recovering from a catastrophic fire at our Texas processing center without injury, loss of business or interruption in service;
- Improving customers’ experience with simplified ordering, web-based training and a feedback system that now extends to 19 countries;
- Growing sales of remanufactured products by 64%, saving customers money while helping the environment;
- Reaching more than 31,000 students with more than a million hours of enrichment through strategic philanthropy focused on literacy and education;
- Holding our first annual Global Volunteer Month with Share The Message: Read! events in 19 cities in five countries, part of a year-round effort that resulted in 76,000 hours of employee volunteering;
- Banding together to help victims of last spring’s earthquakes and tsunami in Japan.
The report spotlights the company’s long-term philanthropic leadership in support of literacy and education, marking the 20th anniversary of its LIFE Tutoring Program, and also highlights numerous awards the company received.
Video: Corporate Responsibility Message from Murray Martin
Video: Pitney Bowes: A Perspective on Supplier Diversity
Video: Pitney Bowes: A Perspective on Corporate Citizenship
Video: Pitney Bowes: A Perspective on Ethics & Integrity
Video: Pitney Bowes: A Perspective on Diversity and Inclusion
Video: Pitney Bowes: A Perspective on Health & Wellness
Video: Pitney Bowes: A Perspective on Employee Engagement and Development
Video: Pitney Bowes: A Perspective on Environment, Health & Safety
Video: Pitney Bowes: Share the Message: READ!
Video: Pitney Bowes: A Perspective on Customers
About Pitney Bowes
Delivering more than 90 years of innovation, Pitney Bowes provides software, hardware and services that integrate physical and digital communications channels. Long known for making its customers more productive, Pitney Bowes is increasingly helping other companies grow their business through advanced customer communications management. Pitney Bowes is a $5.3 billion company with 29,000 employees worldwide. Pitney Bowes: Every connection is a new opportunity™.