Pitney Bowes Launches New Production Intelligence® Platform
Full Support of Unicode and PDF Processing Among Significant Upgrades
STAMFORD, Conn., May 3, 2012 – Pitney Bowes Inc. (NYSE:PBI) today announced major new versions of its P/I™ Output Manager and P/I™ Output Enhancement platform of print and mail management systems.
P/I™ Output Manager Version 2.0 and P/I™ Output Enhancement Version 2.0 include significant upgrades across the platform. These upgrades bring further flexibility and productivity to the print management and document and workflow re-engineering capabilities of the Production Intelligence® suite. Using the latest version, users are now able to:
- Process document workflows that utilize the extended Unicode set such as Korean, Chinese and Japanese, as well as eastern European languages and other similar regional specific requirements
- Process complex, data intensive and high resolution PDF document workflows for printing at speeds of 2,000-5,000 pages-per-minute
- Utilize multiple color management capabilities to optimize color quality with ink usage for best-quality, cost-efficient output
- Enable hybrid configurations for some types of high-end inkjet printers
- Support the utilization of QR codes within transactional payment processes
Pitney Bowes’s P/I™ suite is already in use in over 50 countries worldwide at over 700 major companies and service providers. The software drives the production and delivery of over 50 billion transactional documents for customers every year.
These latest important enhancements to the core platform will provide customers with the tools for further expansion into emerging and growth markets as well as enabling improved capabilities for White Paper Factory™ environments.
Both solutions are instrumental in the workflow and are being demonstrated live in the Pitney Bowes booth at drupa (Hall 4, stand 4C04), supporting the IntelliJet® 20 Printing System and the White Paper Factory™.
About Pitney Bowes:
Delivering more than 90 years of innovation, Pitney Bowes provides software, hardware and services that integrate physical and digital communications channels. Long known for making its customers more productive, Pitney Bowes is increasingly helping other companies grow their business through advanced customer communications management. Pitney Bowes is a $5.3 billion company with 29,000 employees worldwide. Pitney Bowes: Every connection is a new opportunity™. www.pb.com/
# # #